The Global Learning & Development team offers our employees opportunities to grow and develop in and out of the classroom. In addition to helping our employees with training, leadership and development needs, we also partner with others to offer a number of other services – all intended to help our employees to drive business performance.
What We Do...
Build Organizational Capability and Employee Engagement Through the Enhancement of:
- Business Acumen by ensuring that employees have a deep understanding of our industry, business and customers, as well as how to apply that knowledge in their role.
- Technical Skills by supporting the courses, continuing education, and designations necessary for our technical professionals to maintain the most current information for their area of expertise.
- Interpersonal skills by providing an environment where employees can share their expertise in a manner that is timely, easily understood and fosters their role as a trusted advisor to our business leaders.
- Leadership and Professional Development capabilities that empower employees to create and execute on their own development plans in order to be most effective in their role and impactful to the business.
- Learning Technology to make learning and development activities more flexible, global, cost effective and engaging.
Why We Do It...
The pace of change in the marketplace has accelerated from fast to almost instantaneous. Genworth's success is dependent on our response to that change.
We have committed to developing our employees because these changes in the marketplace almost always require new competencies.
This desire to build further "change resilience" requires a reinvigorated leadership focus on growing our employees’ capabilities and enhancing processes that drive development. It requires that all our employees embrace the need to regularly evaluate their own knowledge and skills. We have a history of valuing employee development at Genworth that is evident at every level in the organization.
How We Do It...
- Strategic Business Partnerships with Genworth functions, businesses, human resources managers and talent development leaders
- Expert Skills in group process facilitation, classroom instruction and organizational effectiveness
- Advanced Knowledge of training needs analysis, design and development
- Development and Application of enterprise wide learning technologies
- First Class in training administration and facilities
- Expert collaboration and communication
Key Partnerships with Learning and Development Companies:
Genworth Financial’s Tuition Reimbursement Program is designed to reimburse employees for expenses incurred in pursuing an undergraduate degree, graduate degree, and/or certain types of certification and/or single educational courses. Certifications and single courses will only be accepted through the Tuition Reimbursement Program if they are directly related to the employee’s current job. All courses, including certifications and single courses, must be taken at an accredited college or university. Management approval is required using the online process prior to enrolling in a Program of Study.