How much could long term care
The cost of long term care insurance will depend on the coverage you choose. Your premium is based in part on your age, the length of time you want to be covered for care, your health, the elimination period, and the maximum dollar amount you will be reimbursed for care. This long term care insurance calculator will give you an annual premium estimate to gauge the potential cost of long term care insurance coverage.
This calculator provides estimates only and is for illustrative purposes. Premiums shown are not guaranteed. If you have any questions, contact an agent/producer or call 1.866.469.7902.
Choose your gender, age, benefit multiplier (the number of years you want benefits to be paid) and daily maximum to the left to calculate your annual long term care premium estimate. This calculator provides long term care insurance premium estimates for only, and assumes a 90-day elimination period.
Did you know?
According to the Genworth 2018 Cost of Care Survey, the national median annual cost for long term care ranges from $48,000 to $100,375 depending on the type of care needed.1 Assuming the average stay in a nursing home is three years, costs can easily surpass $300,000 for the entire long term care event.
Learn how long term care insurance may help cover your long term care needs. To speak with an agent/producer, call 1.866.469.7902 today or request a free long term care consultation.
- Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2018, conducted by CareScout® June 2018. Based on median annual cost, which vary among states. CareScout is a Genworth company.
We want you to know
- We have the right to increase premiums in the future, as stated in the policy. Premiums must be paid as specified in the policy to prevent lapse of coverage.
- All applications are subject to the underwriting requirements of Genworth Life Insurance Company and are subject to change.
- As part of the application process, you will be required to have a medical exam.
Exclusions and Limitations
We will not pay Benefits for any expenses incurred for any room and board, care, treatment, services, equipment, or other items:
- For which no charge is normally made in the absence of insurance;
- Provided outside the United States of America, its territories and possessions; unless specifically provided for by a Benefit;
- Provided by Your Immediate Family, unless: specifically covered by a Benefit; or he or she is paid as a regular employee of the organization that provides the services to You;
- Provided by, or in, a Veteran’s Administration or Federal government facility, unless a valid charge is made;
- Resulting from illness, treatment or medical condition
arising out of any of the following:
- War or any act of war, whether declared or not;
- Attempted suicide or an intentionally self-inflicted injury;
- Resulting from Your alcoholism or drug addiction (except for an addiction to a prescription medication when administered in accordance with the advice of a Physician).
Benefits will be paid only for Covered Expenses that are in excess of the amount paid or payable under:
- Medicare (including amounts that would be reimbursable but for the application of a deductible or coinsurance amount); and
- Any other Federal, state or other government health program, or law except Medicaid.
This Non-Duplication provision will not disqualify a Covered Expense from being used to satisfy any Elimination Period requirement.
THE POLICY MAY NOT COVER ALL THE EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR LONG TERM CARE NEEDS.
How did we get this number?
The estimated premium(s) shown is based on the Daily Maximum and Benefit Multiplier Maximum that you selected. The estimated premium assumes a 90 Service Day Elimination Period, 100% Home & Community Care coverage and 100% Assisted Living Facility coverage; it does not include the cost of additional riders such as inflation protection.
Other Benefit Multipliers, Elimination Periods and benefit increase options may be available depending on the coverage offered. Premiums are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
The estimated premium(s) shown is based on individual policy form series ICC13-8000R1 and ICC13-8001R1 with the Daily Benefit Amount and Benefit Multiplier Maximum that you selected. The estimated premium does not include the cost of additional riders and assumes a 90-Day Elimination Period, 100% Assisted Living and 100% Home & Community Care coverage. Other Benefit Multipliers, Elimination Periods and benefit increase options may be available depending on the coverage offered. Premiums are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
For a policy to be issued, an application is required and it must be approved by the insurance company. Insurance benefits are subject to the terms of the issued policy, including benefit eligibility, exclusions and other limitations. Click here to see the exclusions and limitations that apply in most states for this policy form series.
This is a solicitation of insurance. When you respond, an insurance agent/producer will contact you. Not all policies are available in all states. Details about the benefits, cost, limitations and exclusions for these long term care insurance policies will be provided by a licensed insurance agent/producer.
You are encouraged to speak with an insurance agent/producer who will help you design an insurance plan to meet your needs. Although premiums are calculated on an annual basis, premiums may be paid on a more frequent basis throughout the coverage year. Premiums paid more frequently than annually (e.g., monthly, quarterly or semiannually), will incur additional charges. The more frequent the premium payment mode, the more charges you will incur. For more information, please refer to the Modal Premium Disclosure in the policy or certificate.
Start taking the steps today to age the way you want tomorrow
or call 866.469.7902