Let’s help someone buy a house today.
Mortgage insurance is about people. And no matter where you live, you’ll find people who share a common dream – the dream of homeownership.
We’re here to help make those dreams come true. To work with lenders and help get more people in the homes they deserve. For us, there’s no greater feeling in the world.
What is mortgage insurance (MI)?
Mortgage insurance can help qualified borrowers realize the dream of homeownership sooner:
- It allows borrowers to buy a home with less than a 20% down payment.
- It provides financial protection to lenders and investors in case of default.
- It requires less paperwork than a FHA loan.
- It makes it easier for homebuyers to qualify for a mortgage.
Understanding the benefits of Genworth MI
People are our motivation. Our inspiration. It’s why we provide lenders with a full complement of mortgage insurance products and services that help people buy a home:
- Competitive rates and guidelines
- Technology that saves you time in the origination process
- Fast underwriting turn times – nearly 100% of loans are turned in 8 hours or less
- Expert guidance from the ActionCenter®, regional underwriters and appraisers
- Seasoned, knowledgeable sales, underwriting and customer training teams
- Innovative products that matter to your borrowers, like Homebuyer Privileges®, Homeowner Assistance and Homebuyer Education
Through technical offerings, Genworth is committed to bringing our lender partners a great experience in every interaction. But it’s our people who provide you with valuable assistance when you need it – at every turn.
Visit our website to become a business partner.
At its core, MI provides these advantages for homebuyers:
- Affordable monthly payments
- Convenient and easier closing paperwork than a FHA loan
- Premiums that are tax deductible1
- Cancellation of the mortgage insurance upon building sufficient equity (approximately 80% of the home's original value)2
- Value added offerings like our Homebuyer Privileges® and Homeowner Assistance programs, as well as our new self-paced online Homebuyer Education course
Buying a home? Learn why you’ll be glad you picked MI on our website.
Mortgage insurance discussed in this website is underwritten by Genworth Mortgage Insurance Corporation.
1Deduction applies to loans closed on or after January 1, 2007 and is currently available through December 31, 2016. MI premium is fully deductible for households with incomes at or below $100,000; households earning up to $109,000 can qualify for a reduced deduction. Homeowners should consult a tax professional for specific advice.
2Different lenders have slightly different MI cancellation requirements, so be sure to ask your lender to share the details with you.