Genworth recognizes that climate change poses significant potential risks to the environment, the global economy and to human health and well-being. We also recognize that human activity contributes to global warming.
We are committed to reducing impacts on the environment associated with our business activities and to implementing best practices to support environmental sustainability.
As a financial security company, we make promises to customers that often span decades. Sustainability of lifestyle requires a sustainable environment in which to live. We believe that a responsible approach to helping preserve the environment is critical to building trust and creating long term value for all of our stakeholders – including consumers, distribution partners, employees and investors.
Here are some examples of our environmental policy in action:
- Monitoring and controlling business travel and paper usage
- Seeking to use LEED-certified locations whenever possible
- Implementing environmental risk management processes
- Quantifying and mitigating environmental impacts of our operations
- Educating employees, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders on environmental issues
- Participating annually in the CDP disclosure project (since 2007)
PDFs of our Environmental Policy, our most recent Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) responses as well as the most recent CDP report for our industry can be found below.